Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Break

We've been home all week, for our Spring Break.  It's been fun re-connecting as a family, just hanging out together.  These kids are just growing up too fast.  The Baby, who still doesn't have a ton of words (really, just a few... nothing like my other 2), has fully mastered the word no.  He knows how to use it properly, and his little voice is so cute.  But, we're working on adding "yes" to his repertoire.

Scotch, who is so imaginative, will spend hours playing, singing, and just being silly.  The other day, she was singing into a toy microphone, and I happened to catch her lyrics -
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the diamond there
God has placed you in the sky
Sometimes I wonder why
But I'm glad you're shining there

SO cute!  It reminded me of LK's version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, which I wrote about just over 4 years ago here.  I was able to get a short video of Scotch singing her version the other day.  :)

video
And then, there's LK.  He just started his 2nd year of baseball this week, and he is LOVING it.  He was, however, a tiny bit disappointed when his coach first called and told me what team he's on.  The conversation went something like this -
Me:  LK, I got a call tonight from your baseball coach.
LK:  Cool!  When does practice start?
Me:  They want to start next week, but it will probably be 2 weeks or so.  The field isn't ready yet.
LK:  OK.  (long pause)  Am I on the Dodgers again?
Me:  No.  It wasn't Coach George, either.
LK:  What?!?!  Why not?
Me:  I don't know.  Maybe he decided not to coach this year.
LK:  Fine.  What team am I on?
Me:  Well...
LK:  Oh, NO!  It's the Yankees, isn't it?!
Me:  Yes.
LK:  This is horrible!
Me:   It isn't that bad, LK.
LK:  Fine.  But, I will NOT be a Yankees fan!

In related LK and baseball news, he begged me for a Sharpie the other day.  When I asked him why, he said that he wanted to sign all of the baseballs in the house, so that when he's playing in the major leagues, we won't have to ask for a signed ball from him.  ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, when I have kids...I hope they are half as cute as my niece and nephews. :-) LOVE THIS POST.